Monday, April 29, 2019

Book 3 Progress Report - April

Folks, April was by far the most productive month of writing I've ever had. I can't believe what I accomplished this month. I set a personal record that is likely never to be beaten. Whereas in March, I was excited to report I had written 8,000 words, in April I almost tripled that.

My word total for April is an astounding 21,800 words.

My mind boggles at that number. This puts the entire manuscript around 47,000 and I'm quickly rushing towards the climax of the second act.  I was at 17k at the end of February, 25k at the end of March, and now I've suddenly jumped up to 46,800.

The entire story has just unlocked for me. I can see the whole thing so clearly that I'm actually writing the book in sequence.  I usually write out multiple scenes of a given storyline at once and then work on sequencing all of it later. But in this case, I already know how it "cuts together". And for the whole month, I just couldn't stop. I've never experienced anything like it.

At this rate, I could have the draft done by the end of June. I don't expect that to happen, mind you. This pace is certainly not sustainable. But, man, it feels good.

I've also drawn quite a few character sketches recently. I'll try to share those soon in an upcoming post.

If you haven't checked out my Galahad's Doom series, give it a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment