Saturday, May 24, 2014

Official Announcement

The day finally arrived on May 22, 2014.

White Rocket Books officially announced the publication of my novel. 

I'm sorry. Give me a moment to try and wrap my brain around that.

...

The writing process began in 2007. Most of the story development took place between 1997 and 2001, but some of the characters and concepts go back much further than that.

For years I toiled away. The prize I always imagined to keep me motivated came on May 22nd. I have an actual, physical book in my hand.

From 2007 through very early 2011, my job required me to travel quite a bit. Overseas three times, Canada twice and all over the US from Boston to San Diego. This was when I took up writing. I had a lot of time to kill in airports, on airplanes and in hotel rooms. Those are the places this book was written, for the most part.

Since leaving that job, finding the time to write is more of a challenge. But getting a book to the marketplace and being able to share the story with others does wonders for morale.

As it happens, on the same day White Rocket announced my book, my first shipment of inventory arrived. My wife Kim and my 8-year-old son Jackson gathered around with me for a ceremonial opening of the box. It was a Life Moment for me that, despite the ceremony, may still have been lost on my family.







I will be appearing as a guest at the 2014 Alabama Phoenix Festival in Birmingham, Alabama. The show is from May 30th to June 1st. I will be found at the White Rocket Books booth with this box of books on hand as "Galahad's Doom" makes its debut.

I know the book is already moving. Sales have already started coming in through Amazon. To those that have bought it, THANK YOU.  I want to encourage all my readers to talk to me about the book, I look forward to hearing from all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment